Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Day 104: Studio Tour

Unfortunately, Days 97 through 103 didn't consist of many interesting activities. Because we arrived so late towards the end of midterm break, there was lots of studying to be done. Accounting for some, and one other international business course for me. I don't like studying all that much, but it had to be done. We had two written projects due before we left and another on the Monday after we got home, as well as studying for our exchange course. It was busy but we had planned a certain outing before going to Harlow.

If you don't like Harry Potter, you're probably better off quitting now :P

The Harry Potter Studio Tour at Warner Brothers Leavesden studio opened up at the beginning of April. The tour was created in a former soundstage of WB Studios. It had many former sets recreated, mostly the originals! And lots of props that were actually used in the movies. I took about a million pictures, but I figured I'd keep to just my favourite portions of the tour.

The tour was self-guided, but I chose to get the audio guide as well. It was well worth it to hear the explanations about the different sets and see commentary from the directors, producers, and other heads of departments of the films. Since I'm a giant HP nerd, it was basically the best thing ever.

entrance!


cupboard under the stairs :)

the doors to the great hall


 
costumes from the last movie

the Gryffindor dormitory

 left: the mirror of erised / right: the common room


Dumbledore's office
Hagrid's hut
the Burrow

knight bus!

me in front of Privet Drive
Godric's Hollow

 left: Dobby! / right: Diagon Alley. So cool.

the Hogwarts model, and me in front of it below.


wand room
<3
And such was another night in Harlow! It took me about 3 hours to get through the tour, and I could have spent even more time there. Such a good way to nearly end the term.

One more post to clue up my time abroad!

Til next time!

No comments: