Tuesday, November 8, 2011

92. What a sight to see!

This month's EBEW is colored tights. For once, I own the perfect item without having to look for one. Shopping-not-necessary is really nice when the malls have all of a sudden become crazy.

I have had these tights since October of 2008.  I went to Florida and bought neon purple tights at Hot Topic, along with black fishnets, to wear for Halloween. I think I thought they would be versatile? I didn't wear dresses or skirts at this point. I'm not entirely sure what I thought would happen when I bought them. Anywho, now I've had to Pinterest/blog-stalk some of my favourite bloggers for ideas on how to wear these things. I think I did alright!


 






cardigan - Tommy / tee - f21 / dress - Winners, gift / tights - Hot Topic / flats - Clarks

Everybody, Everywear: Colored Tights

Not so bad if I do say so myself! I decided to go all out, in the most work appropriate way. I mean, I don't have purple legs all the time, may as well let them show, right? I tried several combinations of this dress and black tops. A turtleneck that I thought would work and didn't, a black v-neck sweater that was too long, and this shirt. I tried all three both under and over the dress, but this combination worked out the best.

I managed to twist my hair into what I'm calling a Quinn Fabray front braid while I waited for my grilled cheese to cook. Took my OOTD photos while I waited for it to cool. Multi-tasking at it's finest. I still think I look weird with purple legs, but I haven't had any strange comments yet. It's still early lol. Head on over to Everybody Everywear to see how everyone else is rocking their colored tights! I think I like this, but maybe toned down other than neon, so I'm heading over to check it all out!

One last thing: in case you missed it, check out the results post for my give-away! I'm still waiting for it to be claimed, but will be picking another winner if I don't hear back by Thursday! So please check and see if it's you!

Til next time!

No comments: