Sunday, September 18, 2011

72. I think I like pink too much.

Another dose of nail polish! I love such pretty things. Here's a few goodies and one dud. Can't win 'em all!

This is an old OPI I think, Cajun Shrimp. It's not mine. I had this pedi done in Moncton while visiting my Aunt. She took us, me and another Aunt, to a beauty school for cheap and so so good pedi's. Had to include this, I loved the color and it brought me right into the summer mood. Unfortunately I came back to NL where fog-ageddon  was happening and June-uary was on it's way, so my toes stayed inside boots and sneakers.



I saw this color on a polish blog, but I have no idea where. I thought the color was so beautiful and the name made me quite happy, as a Glee episode featuring Neil Patrick Harris left me wanting more. This is Sinful Colors Dream On. I didn't realize (until I got back from the same trip where I got above pedi) that I could get that brand in NL, but this was cheap and the lure of Target made me want to spend money. This picture in particular was with no base or top coat. The polish flaked off in chunks. Terrible terrible formula. Even with a base and top, it became streaky and uneven. I love the color but I can't bring myself to use it again.



After buying this and realizing it was neon, I was expecting trouble. I had heard how thin and useless neon polishes could be, but luckily I was happily surprised. This is China Glaze Shocking Pink. I love this color, really. It's so bright and happy. It did need at least 3 coats for full opacity, but I'm not good at doing my nails so I usually end up with three coats. Again, this changes in the light, natural or indoors, but this is a good idea of what it's like.


Another polish I bought for the name. CG Strawberry Fields doesn't need much of an explanation. It's pink, there's gold flecked glitter, and it's pretty. I saw it on a friend before and once my nail polish obsession began, I decided to add it to my collection. So prettyyyy.


Til next time!

No comments: