Thursday, August 18, 2011

51. Be bold.






 shirt - f21
shorts - stitches, 2007?
scarf - store in Lucerne Switzerland
flipflops - H&M

I LOVE today's challenge! Color blocking is something that I've done a lot, without realizing it! I don't have any bright pants or shorts, but of bright skirts I have many. I love having several bright colors put together. I tend to stick to cool colors like blues, greens and purples, but it's still ends up bold and bright and happy. So much fun to mix brights!

In other news, I get to go to my hometown today! I haven't been in a few months, so I'm pretty excited despite the 4 hour drive ahead of me. Our challenge creator, Kayla, was kind enough to send me the prompts for the days I'm out of town so I can plan my outfits accordingly! I don't plan much ahead so it's kind of cool to try it this way. I may get more strange looks on a day to day basis, as my small town isn't so varied on the sartorial choices. It should be interesting at least.

Lastly, wish me luck! My marks for the summer term come out this afternoon. Fingers crossed I passed everything! If you're looking for some outfit inspiration, head on over to Freckles in April to see how everyone's doing with their challenges! I'll definitely be spending too much time browsing today, I love a good color block. :)

Til next time!

No comments: