Friday, June 3, 2011

Fashion-Beauty Friend Friday: Vacations

I'm sorry to all other FBFF bloggers, I am, but I think this week's description on this week's question is full of crap in my world. I do not see summer coming my way, I am barely getting spring-like temperatures! (don't mind me, I'm just jealous. I yearn for shorts and skirts and not having to wear a jacket. which I still do. blechhh) And don't get me started on the fact that I don't get a vacation because I'm in school all summer. Most of, at least. Today's post is just extra spite-y, isn't it? I do apologize, the weather sucks and I have lots of studying to do. Not so fun. On to the questions! 

in the pool at the house we rented in FL, may 09. I so wanna go baaaccckkk. :(
 
1. When it comes to packing for vacation what’s your mantra? 
I'll be the first to admit, I'm not very good at packing. I overpack like a monster. I try to go for pieces that are easy to mix and match, and things that pack easily. Stuff that needs to be ironed or washed after every wear does not bode well with me.  

2. What are your must packs? 
Always always always have to bring at least one pair of jeans, even in hot climates. I need to have something for traveling, since it's always colder in NL. But my basics are tees and leggings, jersey dresses. Stuff that can be easily worn and reworn in a variety of ways. My American Apparel dresses are great for this, since they can be remixed into many outfits; as a skirt, shirt or any type of dress!

3. What are you happy to leave behind?
The weather. That's my biggest one. I'm still in school so job stuff wouldn't bother me, and when I get time to go on a vacation I'm not in classes anyways. It's nice to just get away from everything though and not have to worry about everyone else.

4. Any packing secrets that help you get everything into one suitcase?
I've learned from my aunt, she's basically a Jedi Master of packing. I roll tees, flatten out jeans, make sure to fold sweaters the same way they do in stores. Lots of thin layers make for easier packing. My goal when I pack, if I'm going to do a lot of shopping on the trip, is to go with a half empty suitcase and come back full. It also helps to use a carry-on that you can check if necessary. This was much easier before the one-bag policy came in, but still useful.

5. Beach reading… what are you taking with you to read in the sand?
I won't be reading at at beach any time soon, but I'll be reading the latest in the Shopaholic series, Mini Shopaholic, by Sophie Kinsella. Along with that, basically re-reading all of my favourites. I will be taking special time to re-read Harry Potter 7, in anticipation for the next movie. Definitely a good read for anyone who hasn't been turned on to the series! 


Now I'm off to try and study, but probably not going to happen lol. Hope you're all having a wonderful Friday and have a great weekend!

Til next time!

No comments: