Friday, May 13, 2011

Fashion-Beauty Friend Friday: Outside Influences

This week's FBFF is pretty cool. It's not only other blogs that provide inspiration for us in life, or friends or family. Sometimes it's just websites and tv shows and any other things you see in day to day life! I'm excited to see what other people say about this, as I love reading fashion mags and books. Here's my take on things!



1.      What magazines do you subscribe to? 

I have a subscription to Cosmopolitan, which I've had for a little over a year. It's actually my first subscription. I read monthly magazines all throughout highschool, as long as I can remember. I'm finding lately that Cosmo isn't doing it for me anymore. I'm probably going to switch to InStyle after that. I love Glamour too, but since most of their content is online too, I just read it there. I love their style blog.

2.      Do you watch any fashion TV shows? 

I found out that I really love Project Runway in the past year. I've watched past seasons, but I don't get them regularly. I love What Not To Wear too. I watch a lot of just overall style shows too, like interior decorating. I love seeing different takes of a trend.


3.      Beyond blogs, what websites do you frequent for fashion inspiration? 
Definitely Glamour, but technically that's a blog too. There aren't really any other websites I visit that aren't blogs, at least for fashion.

4.      Advertisements play a huge role in forming public opinion about a product or brand… what ads do you like and why? 

I like a lot of ads, too many I could really list. I did a couple of marketing courses a few years ago, and a Consumer Behaviour course in the fall, so I have a good idea of how consumers are targeted. It does change your perspective a little but I still enjoy a good ad, no matter what the subject. Since I don't have any energy to find pictures here's a great link with some really innovative ads. Really Interesting Ads. Also, if you haven't seen the Durex condom ads on youtube, please go look them up. Hilaaarrrioouusss. They're balloon animals and if you have a slightly perverted sense of humour like I normally do you'll be laughing so hard. Off-topic but so funny.

5.      Do you own any fashion books? 
I remember having a Bobbi Brown make-up book, but I loaned it to a friend and never saw it again. I like many of the fashion books but I've never bought one myself actually. 


So that's it for now! Hoping for an OOTD post sometime this weekend, but I'm going to be a little busy since it's almost my birthday! Yay! Family stuff tomorrow and lovely hangs with great people. I'm excited.

Til next time!

No comments: