Friday, April 15, 2011

Fashion-Beauty Friend Friday: Gratitude

This week is an interesting topic - gratitude. I'm so happy to now be a part of FBFF as it celebrates its one-year anniversary! Gratitude is something I think everyone needs to have in blogging and in life in general. We might not always remember it, but times like today give us a chance to give recognition!

source: trackingweb.com

1. When it comes to be personally – I owe a lot of who I am to: My parents. They raised me and they continue to support the poor student that I am! I couldn't be who I am without them, I learned so much from both of them. My mom is definitely my biggest influence, she's helped me through things in realizing that I should be kind to myself and not let others knock me down. I love them both so much!

2. When it comes to be professionally – I owe a lot of who I am to: I am not fully developed or grown when it comes to professional life. Being that I'm still in the process of my degree, I have a lot of learning left to do. I've had some really great teachers and profs who've helped me, but none really stands out. They've all helped me in some way, some to show me how things should be done and others to show me how I should not be at all.

3. When it comes to the art of blogging, I’m grateful to these people for helping me through some rough spots: There's a few bloggers who I think have helped me, not only in how I should post but in just responding and letting me know I'm doing something good here. Kileen of Cute and Little and Tiffany of A Reason To Be Fabulous stand out as two bloggers that really helped me feel like someone cared about what I was writing. They're both so great at what they do and I feel like I could ask them both for help if I needed it! There's lots of other bloggers who I've seen that do lots of posts and give advice on how to improve, but those two seem to stand out for me personally.

4. One blogging challenge I’m grateful happened because it made me stronger was… realizing that I don't have to be strict on my posting. I am mainly posting on this blog for myself, and not having as many readers or views as I want really puts that into perspective. Seeing that people are coming to read my blog not just because of what I think I should post but what I really enjoy writing is changing the way I think too. I think I want to focus more on the lifestyle aspect of things as opposed to fashion blogging. It seems more natural to me.

5. To my readers, I’d like to say… Thank you for existing! I'm so happy that people take time to read my blog, whether its as a follower or just because you stumble on it from another site! Thank you for making me feel like someone out there is listening, because in this great big blogging world a person really need that sometimes. Thank you all so much :) And thank you for helping me hit 1000 page views! Yay!

That was a little sappier than I thought it would be! I haven't even been blogging that long lol. Oh well, I guess that's just how I am lately. So, here's to all of you that read or blog or have helped me along the way. Thank you!

Hoping to get a Project 52 post up today, but likely no OOTD this weekend. I'm home for a few days and enjoying the relaxation. Hope you all have a great weekend!

Til next time!

No comments: