Friday, March 11, 2011

Fashion-Beauty Friend Friday: Finding the Balance

I love getting these questions in advance. If only I wrote them in advance! This actually ties in with today's topic, finding a balance between blogging and life. I really don't know how some people do it. Here's the questions! Also, here's the same image on my tshirt today. It's more purple but I love the message. Baked good solve all problems, IMO. :)

source google. my current t-shirt & mantra


1. When it comes to prioritizing your life, in what place does blogging fall? I haven't been blogging for all that long, so it's not high on the list but it's getting up there. My family is the most important thing to me, then friends and school and work. Blogging allows me to express my creativity, not only through writing but through my photography too. I love making myself take more pictures and express myself in new ways through outfits or OOTD shoots.

2. We all wish we had more free time to dedicate to blogging and all it entails. What are your tricks for taking advantage of the time you do have to be as productive as possible?
Luckily, I'm in a work-term position that allows me to have lots of free time to do as I please. Once I have worked on my tasks, a lot of what I do I can do very quickly, I can work on whatever I need to. If I have an idea for a post, I'll write it up at work, save it then post pictures in it later. I do a lot of my reading and commenting on other blogs here too. Outside of work for me is a lot busier. I'm sure that's going to change when I start school again in May. We'll see if I can keep blogging up then, I know it's going to be so much harder.

3. Have you discovered any short-cuts that makes blogging easier or more time efficient?
Angeline at The New Professional was the first to suggest to me keeping a list of posts I'd like to do. I've got like 30 saved on my Blackberry in a memo currently. If I know I won't have time to write anything up I can do that during work and get the photos taken, edited, and inserted later that day. Also, I really love using Google Reader to follow other blogs. I'm pretty good at remembering what I've read but I like seeing all the new posts in one quick glance.

source: google

4. Do you have an editorial calendar or something similar that helps you plan ahead?
Not particularly, I don't plan much ahead from my next one or two posts. I've got a weekly schedule planned though, for what type of posts each day. Sunday/Mondays are OOTD, Thursdays for Project 52 and Fridays for FBFF. It keeps me posting things even when I don't have other ideas. The in-betweens are other outfits or some of the many ideas I keep.

5. If time wasn’t an issue what you would be doing on your blog/for your blog that you aren’t doing now?
I wish I had time to post OOTD pictures every day! I don't always like my outfits every day or think that they're blogworthy. I admire people who blog as they get ready for the day. I cannot do that, my mornings are far too rushed. I'm going to try doing this on the next 30x30 challenge though, I want to challenge myself to remix.

Anyways I must be off. My paper needs citations and I have to find somewhere on the internets to figure it out. Wish me luck!

Til next time!

No comments: