Friday, March 4, 2011

Fashion-Beauty Friend Friday: Beauty Products

It's another week of FBFF! I tried to find time to take my picture for Project 52 yesterday but I napped with the boyfriend instead. I even know what I'm going to take, just hasn't been done yet. It's written, but no picture to go in the post. Oh well. I like napping more anyways, and he's only home for a week. I still have all today to take it,  and it'll be posted by tonight so I can add it to the flickr group.

Enough chatting, here's the questions! Also, would anyone care to venture a guess at what to call my eye color? Sometimes it's blue, sometimes it's green, I've given up trying to name it. I've posted one like this before, I know, but it's to show my make-up this time. Picture was brightened a little but just to make the details visible.

basic daily make-up: copper eyeliner & gel blush (not shown) - body shop / concealer - clinique / covergirl lashblast volume





1. What's your favourite drug store makeup product and your favorite higher-end product?
Favourite drug store would have to be my mascara. I love CoverGirl! I use the one in the orange tube, LashBlast Volume. I've tried a couple others but this one is cheap, lasts, and I don't need more than a basic mascara to make my lashes stand at attention. Favourite higher end could be a few things, I LOVE Sephora but don't get there very often. But my number one important and most used is my Clinique All About Eyes concealer. Being super pale means I have vicious dark circles, so they need to be covered on a daily basis.


2. Is there one type of product that is your go-to, can't live without?
Chapstick. You can get it everywhere, it's a good pinky tint, and can be used multiple ways. That, or my gel blush from the Body Shop. Bought it on a whim cause it was on sale, and I have fallen in love with it. I can get a light blush that lasts all day or use it on my lips to make them bright pink. I've got a thing for looking pink lately. I think it's winter's fault, or cause pink looks more natural on me than tan.

3. What's the best hair product you've ever used?
I really don't think this counts, but I'm useless at doing my hair so products aren't really part of my daily routine. I'm actually retarded at using them. So, my favourite "product" is my Chi flat-iron. I love being able to smooth my hair more than it already flattens itself. It's much more useful when I have short hair though. If I wasn't so useless and could do things other than straighten my straight hair, I would be using a Hot Tools curling iron. Only one I've ever seen that made my hair curl and stay curled. That's a big task.

4. Fess up, what's the worst beauty look you've tried to rock and look back at now with a little shame or apprehension that you actually did that?

not a good look, for anyone!
 Oh God, there had to be a question like this, didn't there? Well, my first make-up product other than nail-polish, which I'm not counting, was lavender CoverGirl eyeshadow. Lavender on a 10-year old isn't really the best look. I didn't wear much make-up during highschool, but some of the worse looks were trying to give myself smoky eyes which turned me into a racoon and crimping my hair. I constantly had it braided, due to my mothers talent in that particular area, but crimping was never a good idea. Also, and this is probably the worse one, I got her to give me tiny corn-row like braids when I was about 13. I looked like a chia pet when they were all taken out. About 20-25 braids on my head, 5 at the front. I have a picture but it is terrible and should not be seen in public.

5. When it comes to beauty products, we all use the same basic products. What do you use that helps show off your personal flare and personality?
I express myself with bright colors mostly through my nail polish. I don't like having bright or extreme make-up, I mainly stick to the basics and keep things simple. I use bright eyeliner just above my lashline to perk up my eyes sometimes, but I generally keep anything really bright for my nails. Anything goes with polish, though I've been sticking to a orange-pink-red color scheme for the past month.

That was interesting. I'm wondering how bad my make-up or hair attempts actually were as a teen. I'm afraid to find out. My good hair-cuts didn't start til I was about 15. Let's not even go there. What are some of your worse offenses in beauty? Any horror stories to share?

Til next time!

No comments: