Friday, February 11, 2011

Fashion-Beauty Friend Friday: Color Wars

Yay it's finally Friday! I love this day! My weekends have gotten shorter but I embrace them so, especially since I'm going home for the weekend. Got to love 4-hr drives to get to my parents house, in my hometown. I sincerely love my boyfriend for doing the driving as well, but that's another story.

Anyways here's the questions! I'm going to have Week 5&6 of Project 52 to post on Monday, maybe earlier, because I am slack. So slack. It's still the sick holding me back, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it :)

1. What color dominates your closet?
My closet has changed colors in the past 5 years I think. I was really into pink in my teens, early teens especially. Not like pretty pink, like cotton candy or bubble gum pink. That and baby blue were basically what I wore. As I've started to mature and develop a sense of style, my closet turned jewel toned with more cool tones like blue and emerald green. The cool tones bring out my eye color, which is a messed up mix of blue and green depending on what I wear. Purples and blues and greens and even some pinks (but not the cotton candy) all compliment my skin which is super pale. I pull off red hair pretty well too, and I've had it a lot in the past couple of years, which was accented by all of my green clothes. Edited photo below, what color do you think they are? Green-ish in that photo, maybe I'll post a better one later?


2. If money weren't an issue how would you change the color emphasis in your closet?
I gotta say, I probably wouldn't change much. I might buy more saturated colors in well made fabrics, like designer or whatnot, but apart from that I'd stay in my color family. Cooler tones look better on me, at least I think so. I'd probably start investing in colorful prints though, I've seen a million things from designers like Marc Jacobs, Alexander McQueen, and Jason Wu. Like below. Swoonnnnn.



3. What is your mantra about mixing colors?
I never go too bright or too obvious with color mixing.  I can do dark colors together, or some brights in the same family, but I get nervous with mixing. Yesterday was a bright day of mine, a bright heather blue shirt under a bright green cable knit sweater. In the same family I can handle it, but clashing or opposing colors scare me. This is part of the reason my bright purple tights have only been worn as a Halloween costume. I'm trying to be brave, I am, but it's so hard!

4. For you, how do you incorporate color into your outfits?
I need to have some color in an outfit. I can't do all neutrals or I feel too plain, but I can't go too bright or I lose my mind. I usually just add a bright scarf to keep the color around my face and brighten it up a bit. I don't do much costume jewelry, still working on wearing the pretty stuff I have. I go for months without changing my jewelry at all.



5. Which blogger(s) do you think do a good job of incorporating color into their wardrobe?
Without a doubt, Jess of What I Wore and Kendi of Kendi Everyday. These girls amaze me. They both remix the hell out of all of their clothing, and they seem to have no fear in mixing color.  Scares the crap out of me, but I try to look at their outfits and see things that I could do in real life, without scaring my coworkers.

And that's it for Friend Friday! Yay! I'm looking forward to the rest of them for this month, the questions are already posted and they're awesome!

Off to my weekend home. Til next time!

No comments: