Friday, February 25, 2011

Fashion-Beauty Friend Friday: Blogger Award Nominations

This week is a pretty cool topic for FBFF. It's the nomination time for the awards for the community. I've been looking through my blogroll and trying to decide who I think fits each category the best. Here's what I think!

1. Creative Juices (most creative) A Reason To Be Fabulous. Her style may not be the most creative of any blog out there, but I love watching Tiffany's outfits as they come up on her blog. Her color mixing really makes me wish I was brave enough to try it. And I love that the girl has a real commitment to wearing skirts & dresses all the time. I want to do this but I always get too cold.

2. The Real Deal (authenticity) Little Girl Big Closet. I haven't been reading her blog very long, but currently this for me would be Tara BB. I don't know what's been happening with her blog or in her life, but recently her posts have been very authentic and geniune. She seems like the type of person who really wants to know who's out there and have a connection with her readers. Always a good thing when it comes to blogging.

3. Spark Notes (most helpful) Already Pretty. This is an easy one. I've gone to Sal's blog a million times to look through her tips for how to dress, what to wear, or just how to get through things dealing with body image. Lots of cool stuff on her blog. Honourable mention goes to the no longer active Scholar Style Guide. Liz's wardobe inspired me to try layering over dresses, I haven't found the right one yet but I continue to revisit this site for inspiration.

4. Newbie (best blogger less than a year old) Dwelling and Telling. It hasn't taken long for me to become obsessed with Linley and her wonderful style and blog. Her sock-bun tutorial helped me find a new way to curl my hair, and my hair doesn't curl easily. It's great to see someone who's new like I am to really get into the blogging community and take it head on.

5. Can You Hear Me Now (most connected) Two Six and Counting. This one was a little strange to me. I'm not sure how other bloggers will take this category. I think it's having someone who will respond and be in touch with readers and actually listen to what people are saying. In my short time in the blogging world, I've found Liz to have the best response time. She takes the time to look at other blogs if someone leaves a link to theirs, which I've found not all people do. Her co-founding of EBEW helps too.

6. If I had a Hammer (best DIY) A Beautiful Mess. I haven't had a chance to check out Elsie's blog much, but I've seen her movement on many others. Project ReStyle is a great initiative to use junk that would normally be given/thrown away. It's also great to see how other bloggers restyle their crap, so you can try it too!

7. Tribe Leader (blogger who leads others and brings bloggers together) Modly Chic. This one goes to Katy. There's a few bloggers who have started movements or weekly posting topics, but Katy reigns supreme. FBFF is her brainchild and has been bringing us all together, even new bloggers like myself who've only been involved for a couple weeks. It's a great project and really brings together a community feeling.

8. Practically Perfect (most fashionable) The New Professional . This one's coming from the nerd-work clothes loving side of me. Angeline's work appropriate wardrobe makes me long for her closet to be mine. The mixing of patterns and colors all look fashionable but always manage to keep on the side of office-appropriate. Honourable mention in this category goes to the lovely ladies at Academichic. I've gotten many an outfit idea, or rather a longing for another item to add to my closet, from these girls.

9. Paint by Numbers (best beauty blogger) I decided I'm going to skip this one. I don't really know of any beauty blogs, and I didn't want to just find someone to pick them out. I'm sure there are many out there and I should probably start looking, but for now I'll just leave this category out.

10. Renaissance Woman (best all around blogger, fashion, beauty, lifestyle) Kendi Everyday. In my mind, how could this not be Kendi? I've been following her blog for a long time, without mentioning my love for it since I wasn't in the blog world, but now it's time to confess. This girl has serious style. She's responsible for the overwhelming 30x30 movement and has inspired the formation of many a blog. For one, she inspired my purchase of Steve Madden cognac boots, which are currently on my feet. Thank you Kendi, for inspiring us all the way you do.


So there's my picks! What do you guys think? Agree with any of my choices or think there's someone who better suits the category?

Til next time!

No comments: