Friday, April 27, 2012

125. Back to the grind, kind of.

My first post in over a week and my first FBFF in God knows how long...I'm slacking, again. I don't know why I feel so accountable, but to my readers I do. I arrived home after a long day of traveling on Sunday, after getting on the plane still partially drunk. The first and last time might I add. The flights were good but it's still surreal to be back here.

So what have I been doing since then? Trying to adjust! I'm doing alright with the sleeping schedule, since there was only a 3 1/2 hour difference, but everything else is taking time. Being on the right side of the road, having a working TV and more than 3 channels, no British accents, and having to drive everywhere are getting the best of me. I'm getting back to normal life but it's going to take a while.

I'm working on updating my time in Harlow from midterm break, but everytime I sit down to write it either I realize something else I have to do or I forget what I did and can't find my notebook. I've got them laid out and I'm going to spend the weekend updating the last couple of weeks of my time there. But for now, here's an easy post about how I manage to get dressed in the mornings!

1. How do you go about picking your outfit for the day? (Do you lay stuff out the night before? Do you plan a whole week's worth of looks Sunday night? Do you wing it every morning?) 
Honestly, it depends on all the circumstances of the morning. If I have an interview or something important at work/school I'll lay things out, but for the most part I wing it. The weather can screw with my sartorial choices, sometimes meaning I even have to change mid-day. Usually I'm around the house or running errands when that happens, but still, it gets old. 

2. Do you try stuff on and then take pics to see how it looks, like Cher in Clueless? 

I've gotten into the habit of doing that when I'm shopping alone, so I can get opinions, but usually I don't. I find that posting here to show everyone what I've worn is good enough, since I get objective opinions on outfits. Full length mirrors are a good friend, but if I'm wondering how an outfit looks sometimes I will take a quick snap! 


my first Anthro visit in London... cute shirt but bad fit!

3. And are you consistent in your planning or lack thereof, or is your planning limited to special events? 
Like I mentioned in the first question, it's just for special events. If I know I have to dress for a certain occasion I'll plan an outfit, but for the most part I just wear whatever I feel like wearing on a particular day. Depending on the special event, I'll have several options in mind and then will choose from those when I'm getting ready. I usually change at least two or three times before going out, or more depending on my mood.

4. Do you have a way of keeping track of which outfits you wore when? 
Memory is usually the best way to keep track, and through my blog. I don't wear the same combination two weeks in a row, but I use the same pieces to change the outfits up. I'm pretty good at remembering when I've worn things, keeping things from repeating. I've gotten good enough that I've had coworkers on my workterms ask me if I had ever worn anything twice.

5. How do you come up with new clothing combinations? (An app? Computer program? Trial and error?) 

I would love to use apps or programs like that to create combinations, but most of my outfit ideas come from other bloggers. I love seeing well known bloggers or some of the smaller ones I read, and taking their ideas for my own. Magazines and other forms of media are great for inspiration too.

So that's all for now! I promise regular posts next week once I make my way back to real life. Lots more to show you all!

Til next time!

No comments: