Friday, June 10, 2011

Fashion-Beauty Friend Friday: Summer Trends

This week's FBFF is summer trends, what I'm most looking forward to wearing when the weather gets warm! Unfortunately for me, if you've been reading my last few posts you'll know the weather isn't cooperating. We've just ended Fogageddon 2011 - 116 hours of fog with visibility less than 3 km. It makes for great ambiance with the historic downtown center, but not so fun when you can't remember what the sun looks like. The fog lifted a little yesterday but came back last night, of course.

So, summer trends! I never claim to be much up on trends, but I try to wear things that always fit in with whatever's popular. Here's my choices! Blogger is being an asshole currently, so if things are formatted wrong I tried my hardest!

1. Bright neon nail polish: I've got a little confession; in the past 3 months or so I've become obsessed with nail polish and nail blogs. I love all the colors and bright designs. I'm pretty useless at doing anything other than basic polish on myself, so I try to go for the brightest colors I can! My new favourites are CG Strawberry Fields, a gorgeous medium pink with gold shimmer, and CG Shocking Pink, pictured below. Such a bright neon pink, makes me feel so summery! 



2. Everything pink: So, clearly my nails are loving the pink trend, but it's slowly filtering into all of my closet as well. I am looovviinnggg all of the bright pink happy clothes that's happening! It's such a cute flirty color to wear in any shade. Plus it looks good on my extra pale skin. Always a bonus.


3. White jeans: This one I can't vouch for wearing myself, but I definitely want to find a pair. I love the clean crisp look of white jeans with a casual striped tee or dressed up with a bright patterned shirt. If I had them they would not be staying white for very long though, thus my avoiding of this great trend. 


4. Chambray shirt/dress: I love the look of chambray or denim-look dresses. I know they've been popular for a while but I still love the casual yet put together look of them. I was so close to having this one. I saw so many cute dresses at H&M when I was in NB, and didn't buy them. I still don't remember why... 


5. Longer length skirts: Midi skirts have been calling out to me since I first saw the expanding trend. I want one so bad, but I can't find any in my area and I'm a little wary of buying online. I'd definitely have to make sure it looks as good as I want it to!



There's my list! Anything you agree or disagree with? Let me know! Head on over to Modly Chic to check out everyone else's answers!

Til next time!
 

No comments: