Wednesday, February 2, 2011

2. I hate snow.

I truly dislike snow. I didn't use to hate it. Really. As a kid I'd happily frolick around, while throwing myself down inclines on things such as the death-toboggan and the ever-popular "Krazy Karpet". The times when a snow day actually existed, when the schools actually close on account of snow or blowing snow or slushy icy rain even. Those days, my friend, are over.

The real world sucks. I don't like the non-acceptance of bad driving conditions. MUN never closes, and apparently my current place of work doesn't either. Stupid Gov. In addition to nearly dying yesterday on the roads (thanks for that, City of St. John's, really) due to the non-plowing, I got to get up and do it all over again today.

After exiting the house at 7:36AM to start up and clean off my car, I managed to do two things. One, somewhat cover myself in snow and two, leave my BlackBerry in the house to stay warm. I'm so nice to it, clearly. I'm actually addicted to it, but that's another post for another time. I managed to make it to sign in by 7:57AM. 21 minutes to clear my car and do a 7 minute drive. There's probably more than one clock wrong in this situation, but we'll let that slide this time.

Another day, thank God this one's a pay day at least, and another full driveway to shovel when I get home. Oh the joys. No BlackBerry, no current pictures but I leave you with this little gem of my last super fun snow-filled day. *note the sarcasm, please note the sarcasm*


I don't want to go outside anymore. I love Newfoundland but it's winter bites the big one. Another productive work day I can tell.

Til next time!

P.S. Oh yeah, I have three of the pictures finished for the first four weeks of Project 52, the last takes a little more work. I'll post them as soon as I remember, or by the weekend.

P.P.S. Here's hoping I don't slide off the roads on the way home today!

3 comments:

Yasmeen said...

As a student -__- I AGREE!!!

Yasmeen

Ruchi said...

Hope you reached home safe to your beloved blackberry. We have pretty bad situation here in Ohio as well.

Sam said...

Comments...yay! I did manage to reach home fine, the snow stopped a little yesterday but picked up again last night. Currently most of the city is closed, even the university, but alas I am at work.

@Ruchi, good luck with the shoveling! I'll be out at it later trying to find my car.