Friday, October 7, 2011

Fashion-Beauty Friend Friday: Jumping on the bandwagon!

So, I wasn't going to write another post soon, but I love FBFF's and this is, as usual, another set of interesting questions from Katy! When it comes to following trends and joining in with the group, I like to think I do it at my own pace. Even if I do eventually join on to a trend, I do it in a way that works best for me and not necessarily how everyone else is doing it.

1. Do you ever see a fad hit the stores and immediately dislike it? Has that fad ever began to grow on you? 




whyyyyyyy?
It happens frequently. There are always trends each season that I see that I don't understand at all. Things like harem pants, jumpers/rompers/onesies, Crocs, Ed Hardy anything, and giant pieces of fur just don't make sense to me. For the most part, if something repulses me that much that I shudder when I see it, I don't change my opinion. That said, I have definitely had trends grow on me. I have a tendency to come into trends slowly. I did not like Uggs from their inception but a couple of years ago I got my own SoftMoc version. I only wear them in dry weather, not snow, so they are still in good condition which keeps them from being disgusting lol.


2. Has the popularity of a certain piece of clothing or line ever convinced you to try on something (or purchase something) you dislike? 

I think I can answer quite honestly that no, I don't just like things because they're popular. In my early teenage years and previous to that, I was completely more inclined to try and look like everyone else. I don't remember anything specifically but I definitely did buy things that I didn't like because my friends thought it was a good idea. As I got older, and even now, I'm more concerned with having things that other people don't. The overall look might be similar but I need my own version of a trend. If an item is popular, I might try it but I'd only ever purchase it if I liked it.

3. Have you ever changed your mind about a trend after seeing it around for a while? 
Yep. Uggs, animal print, ballet flats, tall flat boots, colored pants/jeans, and dresses/skirts & pretty clothing have all won my heart. I love my skirts and dresses now, and I could not live without my flats. Lululemon is increasingly attractive to me for it's purpose only; I've just recently gotten into yoga and I could use more insanely stretchy pants! I still kind of want a hoodie even though I feel like I'd be selling out lol.

4. Do you feel a certain pressure to have specific items in your closet because 'everyone' else does? 
That's something I don't feel at all. I stick to a fairly classic style and I wouldn't ever feel a need to have something because someone else had it; if I like the piece I want it because I like it, regardless of how popular it is. Back when skinny jeans were introduced, I wanted them so bad, but the trend was flares and boot-cut jeans. I remember looking in all my magazines and being annoyed at the fact that I couldn't afford designer jeans. It was about a year and a half before I could finally get them, though I would have happily worn them after I saw the runway shows. I haven't felt a need to fit in with my clothing, like I said previously, I try to keep my pieces my own!

5. Be honest, what do you think of the Missoni line? Did you grab any items? Is it worth the eBay prices?
Had I been near a Target, I would have probably picked something up if I found something I liked. There aren't any Targets around here though, so no luck for me. I would not pay what they are asking on eBay, just because it's Missoni.

So there's another week gone! Only about an hour left to work thankfully. Check out everyone else's FBFF!

Til next time!

No comments: